Tips to Select a Domain Name for your Business
Registering a suitable domain name is the first step in getting your business online. A suitable domain not only provides your business with a unique web presence, but also a platform to reach out to a huge market of internet users.
Tips to register a Domain name for your business:
- Exclusivity: First and the foremost, your domain must offer you a unique identity which can be used to build a brand name for your business. A generic name is neither recognizable nor differentiable. Although there might be a possibility that your choice of domain isn’t available for registration; however, you can consider picking suitable alternatives that can potentially be used to build your brand name.
- Short and Easy to Remember: Avoid using long names or special characters in a domain name. An ideal domain name is short and can be easily recognized. Using domains that are too long to remember or have special characters in them is a sure recipe for an online disaster. Short domain names also allow more characters in the URL in the SERPs (search Engine result pages).
- Avoid Hyphens and Numbers: Avoid using hyphens and numbers in a domain name as they are difficult to say or type. Your domain name must be easy to pronounce and write as much as possible. So we would suggest not using spelled-out or roman numerals in a domain name as both can be confusing and mistaken for the other.
- Avoid Copyright Infringement: Try to avoid a domain name that may be a copyright infringement of any other brand, company or individual.
- Consider registering other similar names: You can also go ahead and register different extensions of your domain. Doing so will allow you to protect your brand and keep it out of the hands of your competitors.