Tips to Follow When Switching Hosting Companies
Switching web hosting companies is definitely not one of the easiest jobs around.
Most hosting service providers
just know the art of getting in new customers; they simply do not know how to retain
them. If your business website is up and live but you are not too happy with your
current hosting service provider and have made up your mind to switch your web host,
here are certain tips that you can follow to avoid pitfalls.
- Back-up: Taking a back-up of your files and pages before
you get started with switching hosts can help you immensely. You don’t want to be
worrying about lost files and misplaced pages when switching hosts.
- Operating System: It is very important that you compare the hosting plans
of both your current as well as your new web host. You should check for similarities
and dissimilarities in functionality as far as operating system is concerned.
- Storage: You should also assess the storage space well in advance. Your new web host should be able to realize
not just your current website storage needs, but future needs as well.
- Bandwidth: This is one of the most crucial factors to consider. You should
ensure that the bandwidth you get from the new web host is at least on par with
your old provider.
- Shopping Cart: If you run business website your new hosting services provider
should be apt in accommodating your shopping cart from your previous host or offer
a new one that fits your needs.
- Mail Support: Another often ignored feature is that of email accounts. You
must know in advance whether your new hosting provider will offer email accounts
in the same quantity as your current provider.
- Uploading Content: Hosting a website on a new provider can make you quite
hassled, if you didn’t already check for the ease at which you can upload content.
- Email Set-up Before you transfer your website to a new host, you must have
your current email accounts established on the new server.
Net4, which is India’s No 1 web hosting provider, offers with a wide range of hosting
packages suited to small, medium and large enterprises.