Tips on Registering a Domain for a Business Website
Almost every business today needs to have a good online presence. If you are also among those who are seeking to roll out a business website, there are certain things that you as an entrepreneur cannot ignore. The most crucial factor you will have to consider while making a website is selecting a domain name. We all are aware of the fact that a Domain Name is as good as an identity for your business or your brand on the internet. Choosing a right domain name not only boosts the credibility and reputation of your business, but also helps in increasing your rankings on search engines. Here are some tips on how to pick a unique domain name.
- Brainstorm: You must first sit and think about 5 terms or phrases that describe your business. Once you have certain options available, you can start pairing them to create good domain name ideas.
- Unique: You must ensure that you come up with a unique domain for your website. Registering a domain that is similar to any other website can be a recipe for disaster.
- Short: You must also ensure that the name you select must not be that long. Short names are easy to type and easy to recall.
- Simple: You should make sure that your domain should not have too many special characters. Recalling complex domain names is considered usually very tough in comparison to simple domain names.
- Avoid Copyrights: This is something which is very important and can kill any business. You must ensure that the domain you are trying to register is not infringing anyone's copyright.
- Extensions: You must always stick to most widely accepted extensions for a domain name (.COM, .NET, .ORG, .BIZ, .INFO).
Net4, which is a leading ICANN accredited domain registrar, offers cheap and affordable domain registration services. With every domain name Net4 is offering 2 Email Id's of 1 GB each, Domain Theft Protection, and Website Builder Trial.